** BODYSYNC CLASSES ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE**
Stellar BodySync is a 45-minute mind/body class that focuses on 3 elements: Controlled breathing, flexibility and mobility, and core strength. The components are synced together using simple Tai Chi, Yoga, and Pilates moves.
It is a workout that strengthens and tones your key muscle groups, and increases flexibility and joint mobility, focusing largely on the spine.
Exercises are done to music creating a holistic workout that focuses your mind; release stress levels, and provide a sense of well-being and calm.
- TAI CHI WARM-UP: Uses low-intensity movements that focus on warming up the joints, especially the back. It also focuses on breathing correctly while moving, and focuses and prepares the mind.
- SUN SALUTATIONS: This track uses a series of basic flowing Yoga poses which help improve strength and flexibility of the muscles and spinal column. This track also continues to warm up the body and tone the abdominal muscles.
- VIGOUR: This track contains more dynamic movements to further increase flexibility and joint mobility while elevating the heart rate slightly.
- BALANCE: This track is performed standing and focuses on breathing and contains single-leg movements that improve balance, along with muscle flexibility.
- CORE – ABS: This track is performed lying down and uses basic Pilates exercises to strength the abdominal muscles.
- CORE – GLUTES: This track strengthens and stretches the Glutes (butt muscles), while continuing with Pilates exercises to further strengthen the Abdominal muscles.
- HIP OPENERS: This track is performed sitting or lying and focuses on stretching Adductors (inner thighs) and increases mobility through the hip joints. These movements are always flowing and controlled.
- STRENGTH: This track combines strength, mobility and balance moves, and more demanding flexibility exercises.
- RELAXATION: Time to relax and make a connection with ones’ self. Slow flexibility and mobility movements move into a meditation phase to finish the class, leaving participants feeling relaxed, revitalized, and with a feeling of well-being.
WHEN: EVERY FRIDAY, 10:30-11:15AM (WOMEN ONLY)
WHERE: CENTENNIAL HALL (NEXT TO THE FIRE STATION ON NEWLANDS RD)
COST: $10 PER CLASS
LIMITED NUMBERS, BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL - MUST BRING OWN YOGA MAT