Terms and Conditions of Service:
Please read carefully and be sure you understand my Terms & Conditions prior to any Stellar Fitness Group Fitness class, or before registering for any Stellar Fitness challenge. Your purchase and use of my services implies that you have read and accepted the below Terms & Conditions. These terms may change at any time under my discretion without prior notice.
1. Your agreement is with your Personal Trainer at Stellar Fitness (Kat Philip) who delivers your training.
2. You are asked to pay special attention to the provisions related to liability, cancellations, and rolling classes membership.
1. Kat is a fully qualified personal trainer (accredited at the Wellington Institute of Technology with a Diploma in Exercise Science).
3. Trainer's Obligations
1. Kat will use her skills and knowledge to design a safe programme of exercise that will include exercises that can be modified if needed to suit client’s abilities.
2. You understand that the results of any fitness programme cannot be guaranteed. Your progress depends on your effort and co-operation in and outside of the classes. In particular you acknowledge that individual results may vary and no particular result is guaranteed by Kat.
3. All Client information will be kept strictly private and confidential.
4. Your Obligations
1. It is understood between you and Kat that both must commit to your training programme 100% in order for you to achieve results.
2. You are required to wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
3. You are required to complete a Medical Questionnaire before undertaking your first group fitness class, & you understand and agree that it is your responsibility to inform Kat of any conditions or changes to your health, now and ongoing, which might affect your ability to exercise safely and with minimal risk of injury.
4. Kat may require a letter of 'medical clearance' from your GP, & if any further medical information is requested from a practitioner, you must provide such details.
5. You understand that there are inherent risks in participating in a programme of strenuous exercise. If you sustain or claim to sustain any injury while participating in training, you acknowledge that Kat is not responsible, except where the injury was caused by her gross negligence or intentional act.
6. Kat cannot be held liable in any way for undeclared or unknown medical conditions.
1. Payment for classes must be made at the time of booking/attendance.
2. Acceptable forms of payment are: by prior agreement by internet bank transfer, Direct Debit (please see Direct Debit forms), or cash paid directly to your Trainer.
3. 5-trip & 10-trip passes must be paid for in advance & are valid for 3-months from date of purchase.
6. Rolling Unlimited Classes Membership
1. You acknowledge that you pay your $30 per week membership to EzyPay 1 week in advance. Your first payment will come out the FOLLOWING MONDAY.
You agree to pay the set up fee and failed payment fee upon EzyPay's terms and conditions.
2. Any classes attended before commencement of membership payment will require an additional payment at the casual rate of $10 per class.
3. Memberships cannot be transferred to or used by anyone else.
4. It is understood that if you are a rollover booking for a class, that you must give Kat a minimum of 12 hours notice when cancelling. If you fail to cancel within this period, for 3 weeks in a 4-week cycle, you may be removed as a rollover booking and will need to book in manually.
5. You acknowledge that while your membership entitles you to attend unlimited classes and additional training sessions run by Kat, they may be cancelled due to low numbers or unforeseen circumstances.
6. Any registration fees for challenges are NOT included in your membership.
7. FREE CLASSES PRIZES - in the event that you win a FREE WEEKS' CLASSES prize, Kat will suspend your membership payment for the following week. In the event that you win a 1 FREE CLASS prize, you will receive a $10 Stellar Fitness voucher that you can use towards Stellar Fitness clothing, or you can gift it to someone (they must NOT have/or be currently attending Stellar Fitness classes).
8. As there are no classes running from MONDAY, JULY 9, TO SATURDAY, 14 JULY 2018, Kat will suspend your payment for that week, and resume your membership from MONDAY, 16 JULY, 2018.
6. Cancellation and Refunds
1. At least 24 hours notice of cancellation for a pre-booked Casual class is required.
2. Notice of less than 24 hours (cancellations at ANY time the day before a booked class) and un-attended classes without notice of cancellation will require full payment of the class fee.
3. Unforeseen events will be taken into consideration on the day.
4. Once purchased, your Sessions are non-refundable.
5. Registration fees for 8 & 12 week Challenges are non-refundable. If fees are unpaid upon cancellation, Kat will require full payment of registration fee to cover cost of time spent and materials used. There are NO REFUNDS of the registration fee once challenge has commenced.
7. Health and Safety
1. Kat has completed and holds a current certificate for emergency first aid at work approved by the Health and Safety Executive.
1. Kat shall not be liable for any loss or injury attributable to:
i. the Client’s fault;
ii. events which Kat could not have foreseen, even if they had taken reasonable care.
iii. Kat is not liable for loss or damage to your property.
iv. Kat is not liable if you ignore her recommendation, at any time, to seek medical advice.
9. Intellectual Property
1. Any marketing, educational or other materials, including the Company’s programmes and/or any variations thereto and its nutrition services materials, made available to you will at all times is subject to copyright.
2. You undertake to use such materials only for your own personal development and not to copy, publish or reproduce any such materials.
1. Kat from Stellar Fitness has the right to change these Terms and Conditions, for example, to be able to offer new services or as required by law. Kat will notify you of any change. When such a change(s) is made, if dissatisfied you can cancel this agreement once you have made any payments already due to Kat.
2. You are responsible for keeping all your contact information and marketing preferences up to date with your Trainer. In order to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, Kat will only do what you ask her to do, or what you have given her permission to do with any personal or sensitive information held about you.
3. Your training may be filmed or pictures taken for marketing purposes. Your participation in a class means you may be asked to consent to photography, filming and sound recording which may include you as a Client and its use in commercial distribution without payment or copyright.